"A Partner Parish Member of Samaritan Ministry of Greater Washington"
Parish Representatives: Gloria Ducker and Laura Richards
Samaritan Ministry is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people who are homeless or in need to help themselves. The agency's "Next Step Self Sufficiency" approach allows participants to set life improvement goals for themselves and, with the help of Samaritan Ministry staff, determine a series of manageable, specific tasks toward the fulfillment of those goals. Services such as housing and employment counseling, coaching and motivation are offered by the program.
* Attend partner parish council meetings in order to keep abreast of what is going on in to carry out the mission
* Communicate information from the agency to parish leadership and parish at-large
* Submit reports and announcements for church bulletins and newsletters
* 1st Sunday of every month is designated as Samaritan Ministry Sunday. Parishioners are invited to bring non-perishable food items and monetary donations
* May & June - In-gathering of toiletries for Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day
* October - Help the Homeless Mini-walk
* December - Host Christmas Party for families from three Centers
Samaritan Ministries Wish List October 2015
For more information about the Samaritan Ministries of Greater Washington, visit www.samaritanministry.org